Welcome to ENS Recruitment & Training Services
ENS Recruitment & Training Services are a leading health and social care recruiter and training provider with a comprehensive range of jobs across the private and public sectors. We are also a provider of individually tailored support packages to people requiring assistance to live independently.
Since our launch in 1991 our on-going commitment to both our clients and candidates alike has helped us become a trusted and respected name in the health and social care sector.
SENIOR CARER (ELDERLY/DEMENTIA)
Salary: £7.75 - £8.67 ph Job Type: Permanent
Location: Southend-on-Sea, Essex
The job exists to provide a multi-skilled worker who supports clinical and non-clinical practices on the unit in order to enhance person focused care for service users. Act as a key-worker for a group of service users. To work shifts as required including night shift. The Senior Carer must guide junior carers and assist them in their development.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Observe the homes Infection Control policy and work in a manner to reduce the risk of transmitting infection to service users, self and others.
- Observe the homes Charitable Trust Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults Policy and follow local Social Service guidelines in relation to reporting alleged or actual incidents.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that your personal immunisation programme is up to date.
- Promote Equal Opportunities in the workplace by being knowledgeable about Equal Opportunities Policy and Legislation and observing such policy at all times.
- Ensure that the homes Mission Alive core values are incorporated into all aspects of care for residents.
- To maintain high standards of care for all residents based on a person focused care approach.
- Supervise carers as instructed to ensure Best Practice in delivery of care to residents.
- Monitor Administration of Medication, Environment, Health & Safety, Bedrails, Pressure Sores, Accidents and to participate in Audit as required.
- Plan and implement a high standard of care for service users which is evaluated monthly or sooner if changes occur and maintain Care Plans and other records.
- Daily tidying of service users clothing and room.
- Promote social activities and 1:1 for residents in the Home.
- Co-operate with the Manager in maintaining an "on-call" rota.
Must have Level 3 NVQ in Health and Social care.
Please contact Kerry-Ann at ENS Recruitment if you require further information.Apply NowFind more jobs like this